Although it is not usually frequent, you may find yourself in the situation that you have a phone with an Android operating system in your possession and you want to access an iCloud account created previously, in order to have access to your previously stored files and multimedia. If this is the case, BigSoftware as always comes to your help to explain how to access iCloud from your Android phone the way
In the following article, we will explain how to access iCloud photos, email, calendars and contacts from an Android device.
Access iCloud Photos on an Android Device
The easiest method to access your iCloud account from your Android phone is through a web browser. From there you can simply enter your credentials and within the Photos option, you will be able to see all the images stored in your account. So you can also create iCloud links to share photos and videos, view albums, and view account settings.
Another option, in case you keep your iPhone, is to download the Google Photos application (there is also an application for iOS) and synchronize all your photos there. The latter will allow them to be available on Android automatically.
Another alternative would be to choose to move your photos to Google Photos by using the iOS app. In this case, you should take into consideration that the loading of images may take a bit (depending on the number of photos you have, of course).
Access iCloud email
You may have an Apple email account available, such as @mac, @me, or @iCloud. If so, you will have the ability to access your messages in the iCloud inbox. In the specific case of an Android smartphone, your main and simplest option would be through the configuration of the Gmail account.
- First of all, open Gmail and tap the Menu button at the top left.
- Then, click on the Settings option.
- Touch Add account > Other.
- Enter your iCloud email address and tap Next.
- Later, enter your password and tap Next.
- Lastly, Gmail will finish the process and then you can access your iCloud inbox.
Access iCloud Calendars and Contacts on an Android Device
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to access your personal calendar or iCloud contacts on Android. In this case, you will need an iPhone or iPad and a computer to transfer the data.
- First, on your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings.
- Then tap on top of their name.
- Press on iCloud.
- Later, turn on Contacts and Calendars. There is a possibility that you will need to sign in to your iCloud account first if you haven’t already.
- On your computer, open a web browser, go to www.icloud.com, and log into your account.
- Click on the Calendar icon.
- In the left pane, click the Share Calendar button next to the calendar you want to export. In the pop-up window, select Public Calendar. Click the Copy Link and then OK.
- Open a new browser window or tab and paste the copied URL.
- Then change the webcam at the beginning of the URL to HTTP and press Enter. Doing so opens a Save File dialog box. Save the file in a folder of your choice. You can also rename it as long as you don’t edit the .ics extension.
- Open and log in to Google Calendar in your web browser.
- In the left pane of the Google Calendar interface, click the menu arrow to the right of Other calendars. Click Import Calendar.
12. Select the exported calendar file that you downloaded from iCloud. You can also choose the destination Google calendar (if you have more than one) in the same dialog.
13. Click the Import button to upload the file.
14. Finally, after the import is complete, you should be able to see the imported entries in the Google Calendar web interface and on your Android device.
Also read: how to whiten teeth