Blood and its Types?
This Blood is a fluid that circulates in our body and transports oxygen, nutrients, waste removal, and carries away carbon dioxide. Blood is a fluid that fluid from our heart to the body, and it is returned to the heart to repeat this process. Blood contains protein, glucose, white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets. Donate Blood. These numerous substances like glucose and blood sugar make the blood thicker than ordinary water.
More than half of our blood contains plasma, a protein that helps in blood clotting, blood transport, and many other functions. Other half volumes of blood contain
White blood cells: which fight with germs
Red blood cells: contain oxygen
Platelets: cells that help in blood clotting.
Blood is both liquid and tissue because it contains many cells which perform a specialized function. These cells are present in plasma and make the blood flow. If the blood flows somehow stops so the death cases in just a few minutes.
The composition of blood cells remains constant when blood circulates in our body because our body organs make it possible. When blood passes from the lungs, it gets oxygen, and the removal of carbon dioxide occurs. The kidney removes excess water and waste material from the body and the nutrition substances blood gets from digested food that we eat. Different glands secrets different hormones in blood which are transported to various organs where they exactly work. Blood passes in our body by blood vessels contain arteries, veins, and blood capillaries.
We should always know our blood group while donating and receiving the blood. Blood groups are inherited genes that we get from our parents. Four blood groups may b negative or positive. The four types of blood group call ABO blood groups.
Blood Group A
Contain blood group A antigen and blood group B antibodies in the plasma.
Blood Group B
It contains blood group B antigen and blood group A antibodies in the blood plasma.
Blood Group AB
It contains blood group A and B antigens and no antibodies. It is called universal receipt blood.
Blood Group O
It has no antigen but blood group A and B antibodies. It is called universal donor blood.
Antigen and Antibodies
Same blood antigen and antibodies react with each other and cause blood clotting. Receiving blood from the wrong ABO can cause death because it has different antigens and antibodies. For example, blood group A has antibodies B, and blood group B have antibodies A. if a blood group A person receives Blood group B the antibodies of these different blood react which each other and cause blood clotting, which may cause death.
Blood group AB is safe to Donate Blood because it doesn’t have antibodies and has both A and B antigens.
Blood group O is the rarest blood group because it doesn’t have an antigen but have antibodies A and B which can react with blood group A, B, and AB. Only blood group O person can receive it.
Blood Group Positive and Negative System
Sometimes red blood cells contain a protein which is RhD antigen. If it is present, our blood group will be positive and negative in the cause of absence.
The blood groups are
- The Blood group A+
- Blood group A-
- The Blood group B+
- Blood group B-
- The Blood group AB+
- Blood group AB-
- The Blood group O+
- blood group O-
The Blood group O- can be given to any person and used in emergencies when the actual blood group is unknown.
How Often Can I Donate Blood?
Donating blood takes few minutes, but this process can save many lives. Everyone can donate blood, but a few can do this. You can also do this if you:
- Have weight 50kg
- Are fit and healthy.
- Are 16 to 65 years old
- 70 year old if you were donating blood every year twice.
After the whole blood donation, you must wait almost eight weeks for again gift.
Sixteen weeks must wait for red blood and white blood donation.
Platelets donation can be made after one week.
Blood Donation Process
Donating blood takes 10 to 20 minutes, but before this, a process takes time.
First, you have to fill the registration form and provide information like your name, address, phone number, i.d card number, or blood donating card.
Have to check your blood group, hemoglobin, blood pressure, temperature, etc.
- A staff person cleanses a small part of your arm and inserts a new sterilized needle to draw the blood.
- This feels like a pinch of few seconds.
- Just keep relaxing our body and mind while donating the blood. The whole blood donation takes 8 to 10 minutes, and the contribution of platelets, red cells, and plasma apheresis takes about 2 hours.
- After donating one bag of blood, the donation complete and a staff person will insert the needle and bandage on your arm.
- After donation, sit for about 20 minutes, drink a healthy juice, milkshake, or another refreshment, and give a few minutes to your body to adjust blood level.
- Enjoy the feeling that you help someone to survive. The donating blood cells have a life of 42 days.
Precautions after Blood Donation
- After saving other lives, don’t forget to care for yourself, so following precautions keep in your mind.
- Drink approximately extra four to five glasses of non-alcoholic and healthy drinks.
- Keep the bandage on your arm for about five hours.
- In case of bleeding on the needle site, keep straight your arm and press the site until bleeding stops.
- Don’t do exercise or gym and other heavy works.
- Eat healthy meals and nuts.
- If you are feeling dizziness or low strength, take the zinc tablets according to concern the doctor.
- Lay down and keep your feet up in case of a headache.
- Keep enjoying the feeling of saving lives and make a plan for the next donation after few days.
- Also, read the difference between microwave and oven.